Flamingo Crossings: Disney Intern Housing
A residential community for students attending Disney’s College Program, Flamingo Crossings offers 10,400-beds in over 40 buildings across the 154-acre development. Planned on a street-grid, the design team made subtle variations to groups of buildings to form neighborhoods with central gathering spaces. Two 25,000 square-foot community centers with resort-style swimming pools, event and recreational lawns, fitness centers and social lounges anchor each of the two development parcels. The East parcel of the property also houses the Disney Education Center which gives students the opportunity to earn credits towards their college coursework.
In order to tackle a project of this magnitude, Flamingo Crossings required a true collaboration between NBA’s Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Interior Design studios and the development team. The expansive $628 million development will be delivered in multiple phases, with the first phase scheduled for occupancy in May 2020 and full completion expected by May 2023.
American Campus Communities
Scope / Components
- 2,608 units; 10,400 beds
- 154 acres
- 3,860,048 gsf
- 25,000 sf Disney Education Center
- Two, 25,000 sf community centers
- Surface parking for approx. 5,200 cars
- Connectivity to Disney bus system
- Perimeter security fence & controlled entry
- Resort-style amenities include: multiple pools, basketball courts, sand volleyball, activity lawn, stage, indoor/outdoor gaming, study/media lounges and expansive fitness centers.