Flamingo Crossings: Disney Intern Housing
With Flamingo Crossings, NBA will deliver the largest workforce housing in the country, a 2,608-unit development with 10,400 beds, mainly for the 19,000 students and trainees participating in Walt Disney World Resorts’ internships and training. Bringing together students now scattered throughout the different Florida parks, the new community reflects the excitement of the Magic Kingdom, highlighted by a variety of floor plans for private and shared accommodations, resort-style amenities anchored by two 25,000 sf community centers and the unique Disney Education Center. The complex will mean easy access for participants between classrooms and the resort. An architectural expression of the Disney Brand, the first phase of the project will open in 2020 and completion slated for 2023. The trendsetting complex will serve as a model for other large corporations seeking workforce-residential solutions.
American Campus Communities
Scope / Components
- 2,608 units; 10,400 beds
- 154 acres
- 3,860,048 gsf
- 25,000 sf Disney Education Center
- Two, 25,000 sf community centers
- Surface parking for approx. 5,200 cars
- Connectivity to Disney bus system
- Perimeter security fence & controlled entry
- Resort-style amenities include: multiple pools, basketball courts, sand volleyball, activity lawn, stage, indoor/outdoor gaming, study/media lounges and expansive fitness centers.