Instagram ready, Olmsted has earned national and local recognition, winning the NAHB’s Pillars of the Industry Award, the ULI’s prize for Excellence in Housing Development and honors from the Georgia Chapters of ASID and IIUD. A game changer in Chamblee—the project had to meet 20 different zoning conditions and variations to get moving—this collaboration between a private developer and a development authority has ignited major economic growth in the area. Olmsted offers a live/work lifestyle incorporating co-working tables and rentable private office pods along with walking paths convenient to MARTA transit and shopping. Eclectic, eye-catchingly designed common spaces lead up to the iconic CHAMBLEE sign atop the roof, boldly exclaiming the city’s presence. The 283-unit mixed-use project also features 11,000 sf for retail and dining possibilities.
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Atlanta, 2018 Excellence in Housing Development
- NAHB Multifamily Pillars of the Industry, 2017 Best Low-Rise Apt Community
- IIDA Georgia, 2018 B.O.B. Award - Multifamily
- ASID Georgia, 2018 Design Excellence Award
Cocke Finkelstein Inc.
Scope / Components
- 283 units
- 260,793 sf residential, 14,000 sf amenity
- 5,000 sf dine-in restaurant space
- 6,000 sf retail
- 10,300 sf live/work space
- Three-story townhome units
- 499 parking spaces comprised of surface lots and single level elevated parking deck